18 July 2009

Patawi's "2fnLong" Time Trial @ Bukit Kiara

This is the second route of mountain bike time trial in Bukit Kiara. The first route was using the 2K trail.

Take a look at the map and elevation profile below, it passes several trails in Bukit Kiara and half of it is uphill i.e. lots of lung busting climb, before reaching the peak and heading down through excellent singletrack towards the Taman Tun Dr. Ismail's park.




A photo of me heading towards the end.


I suffered broken chains just after the Lung Buster trail (before the first uphill switchback). Luckily, the chains just snapped away and I also brought along with me a KMC's Missing Link. A quick reconnection and I'm off again. It does felt a little bit tight when shifting the gears.

However, by the time I finished fixing the chains, I was overtook by several riders already. My time was 39 minutes 10 seconds. First place was Ian Johnson at 25 minutes 37 seconds.

Read more at Fakawitribe.

No comments: