14 September 2007

Ramadhan 2007

It fasting month (Ramadhan) again for the Muslim. You cannot consume food or drink, or do extreme sinful things from dawn to dusk.

At the end of the month, there will be a big celebration... we call it Hari Raya Aidil Fitri or in some western country it is known as Eid Mubarak.

As far as mountain biking is concern for me, there not much riding I can do during the day time. I could cycle without food, but definitely not water. It's just demanding on the hydration.

However, this is the month that I actually tried to gain some stamina and lose weight. I will do interval trainings at my local gym at night, two or three times a week. Each session will be divided into 5 periods.

Period 1: Warm up - 10 minutes.
Period 2: Cycling at 1 minutes fast pace, with 1 minute rest. Ten times.
Period 3: Brisk walking - 10 minutes.
Period 4: Cycling at 1 minutes of 9 degrees climbing medium pace, with 1 minute rest. Ten times.
Period 5: Walking - 5 minutes and stretching - 5 minutes.

I usually vary the duration and the pace accordingly to avoid boredom.